The WPtouch iPhone Theme rocks. Nuff said.
With more than 7000+ plugins, WordPress is the most extendable Content Management System available; in fact, “WordPress is infinitely extensible” as Matt Mullenweg says. In this post, we’ll examine twenty-one really useful plugins to take your blog to the next level.
You know WordPress comes with standart functions and we use many plugins or codes to give our blog a different look or functions.Of course we have to use these kind of plugins and hacks if we definetely need them.For a beginner the WordPress Codex is the best place to learn basic things but day by day as we improve ourselves in WordPress we look around for more functional codes.Today i want to share some WordPress Hacks and Tutorials which i’ve collected from many WordPress related blogs.I’m sure you will see many interesting hacks and will use them.
Notice:Don’t use them directly,i mean first back-up your database and files or just try in a test blog like me.So take no risk.If you need help about these hacks or tutorials just leave a comment in the original hack page.
If you are a regular user of WordPress like me then you might get bored of the default user interface of WordPress. Although the User Interface of WordPress is good but there is always room for improvement. Automattic the company behind WordPress has decided to go for Open Source Design Contests to make the User Interface of WordPress even better.
Are Theme Frameworks the future of WordPress Themes? In this article, I’m going to show you how to easily create a child theme for the popular Thematic WordPress Theme framework.
Matt Cutts writes one of the most successful and widely read blogs in the SEO field. What can we learn from taking a close look at his blog? What lessons can we apply to making our own blog a success? Keep reading as we take benchmarking to a whole new arena.
The dashboard is a very important part of a WordPress blog. In fact, it allows you to control your posts, your blog design, and many more things. When building a site for a client, it is especially important to be able to control WP’s dashboard. In this article, let’s have a look at 10 extremely useful hacks for WordPress’ dashboard.
2009 has been a very prolific year for WordPress hacks. In this article, I’ll show you the most useful hacks I came across during the whole year. Enjoy!
Here at Paper Leaf, we do a decent amount of WordPress blog design & implementation for our clients. While WordPress is super easy to learn, you can’t just build your clients a blog, send them the login information and then disappear off of the face of the earth. Where’s the customer service, people?!? Ideally, we sit down for a half hour or hour with our clients to show them the basics of how to use their new blog (writing a post, adding categories, checking stats, uploading photos, adding users). However, sometimes a face-to-face meet up isn’t doable; we offer graphic & web design in Edmonton, but many of our clients are outside of the city.
There are times when you come across a feature in a blog, and you just start thinking to yourself: How can I get this in my WordPress blog/site as well. Everybody have experienced this feeling. Sometimes you know you want it, and don’t know where to look for, or even what to look for. In this article we will be sharing some of the most wanted WordPress Tips, Tricks, and Hacks that you will definitely find useful.
This will end my Year with the links for the day or Week. I will start the new year with a completely new format for these type of links. I would appreciate any critique or comments on how you would like to have these links formatted for your convenience.
- The 1KB CSS Grid
- 15+ techniques and tools for cross browser CSS coding
- Better CSS Font Stacks
- Override Inline Styles with CSS
- 35 CSS-based Layouts that Look Awesome
- 5 Advanced CSS Techniques To Increase Your Skill Set
- 15 Extremely Useful CSS Grid Layout Generator For Web Designers
Start a web application from scratch
- Part 1 – Planning the App: Basic Idea and Design
- Part 2 – Planning the App: Database Architecture and Development Approach
- Part 3 – Designing the App: Workflow Map and Photoshop Design
- Part 4 – Designing the App: HTML and CSS
- Part 5 – Developing the App: User Interaction
- Part 6 – Developing the App: Adding AJAX Interactivity
- Part 7 – Developing the App: List Interaction
- Part 8 – Security & The Future
- Part 9 – Bugs, Security, and Other Tweaks
- And finally…. the application! Colored Lists
- 10 Things You Need to Know About WordPress 2.9
- 10 Easy ways to fix common WordPress headaches
- 20+ Tutorials and Resources for Working with Custom Fields in WordPress
- 45+ Essential WordPress Plugins for Pro Blogging
- 25 Unique uses of WordPress as CMS
- 13 Simply Useful WordPress Plugins That Can Make Lives Easier
- WordPress Theme Frameworks – A Comprehensive Overview
- 20+ Brand New and Incredibly Useful WordPress Plugins
- Stupid WordPress Tricks
- 12 Essential Security Tips and Hacks for WordPress
- 16 WordPress Sites to Help You Build a Better Blog
- 10 Must Have Hacks For WordPress Development
- Getting Clean With PHP
- PHP: Display Adobe PSD files on a web page
- 43 Must Read PHP Articles and Resources
- 16 PHP Frameworks To Consider For Your Next Project
User Experience/User Interface
- 5 Damn Easy Ways To Improve User Experience | Spyre Studios
- UX pattern Explorer
- Factors That Affect Usability
- 10 Signs of a User-Focused Design
- UX Booth
- Inline Validation in Web Forms
- 10 UI Design Patterns You Should Be Paying Attention To
- Forgiveness in UI design
- Usability tips for visualizing Ajax requests
- 40+ Helpful Resources On User Interface Design Patterns
- Create and collaborate interactive UI mockups for your software and websites.
Web Design and development
- Beautiful Hand Drawn Websites
- 50 Inspiring Examples of Minimalism in Web Design
- What makes a website successful? It might not be what you expect!
- 60 Trendy Web Design Interfaces Created In October
- 75+ Truly Remarkable Typography Resources
- Quick reference search in HTML, CSS, JS, Ajax and other developer documentation
- Firediff is a Firebug extension that tracks changes to a pages DOM and CSS.
- The Evolution of a Website Design
- 50 Helpful iPhone Apps for Web Designers and Developers
- Creating a Usable Contact Form
- Speed Up Your Website with Better Image Optimization in Photoshop
- 22 Awesome Adobe AIR Applications for Designers
- 50 Creative and Inspiring 404 Pages
- 50 Brilliant Design Articles of 2008
- 10 short ‘n’ sweet tips on how to design for web
- [PDF] 25-point Website Usability Checklist
- 40+ Beautiful Patterns and Textures
- If Content is Really King, Then What is Design?
- The Benefits of Experimentation
- 25 Must-Read Blogs for Freelance Designers
- Pagination is dead
- Use Sprites to Create an Awesomeness-Filled Navigation Menu
- Create a Twitter-Like “Load More” Widget
- Color: The Next Limited Resource?
- 40 Beautifully-Designed Navigation Menus:
- Usability testing userfly.com
- 35+ Horizontal Websites for Your Design Inspiration
- CometChat is the first integrated inline chat script which works straight from your website
- More Stencil Fun For Designers
- 25 Awesome Facebook Apps for Designers
- Minimalist Web Design: When Less is More
- Solutions to 5 Common Ajax Problems
- How important are web standards?
- ColdFusion Coming Back???
- On Web Typography
- 10 Tips for a Fast Website | Layers Magazine
- Designers Predict Design Trends for 2010 – Part I
- Logo inspiration gallery
- 13 Must-Have Add-ons To Strengthen Firebug
- The Unusable and Superficial World of Beer and Alcohol Websites
- Web Application Interface Design Guide
- Integrating Prototyping Into Your Design Process
- Everything You Ever Want to Know About Creating Seamless Patterns in Illustrator
- 5 Articles To Understanding Your Websites Bounce Rate
- Adaptable view – how do they do it?
- 7 Tips To Make Your Web Site Mobile-friendly
- Fireworks vs Photoshop Compression
- The Future Of The Web: Where Will We Be In Five Years?
- 15 Helpful Blogs No Freelancer Should Forget
- Ultimate Guide To Grid-Based Web Design: Techniques and Tools
- ColoRotate: browse and create your color palette in 3D
- How to manage a small web project: a simple approach
- Search Engine Optimization 101
- Real-Life Twitter Business Success Stories
- Benefits of Increasing Communication in the Development Process
- Love what you do and they will listen – my Pecha Kucha talk for Webdirections East in Tokyo
- Web Design is Dead! Introducing a much improved web design process.
- 25 Free Must Download Design Programs
- Website Analytics Toolbox
- Here’s an nteresting drawing application called LiveBrush (free download):
- 20 Tools to Make the Life of a Web Developer Easier
- Don’t Be Stupid – Typographic Poster for Download
- Typekit looks sharp! Some really cool fonts as well
- ui-patterns.com – design patterns
- ConceptShare is a simple, cost-effective tool for gathering feedback from team members and clients.
- open source data visualization
- 35 Absolutely Useful Firefox Plugins For Web Designers And Developers
- Adobe Browserlab An easier, faster solution for cross-browser
- Site-Specific Browsers: Turn Websites Into Desktop Applications
- An open source web application meant to help manage & create invoices in a simple, straightforward way.
- 10 Amazing Tools for Sharing Visual Inspiration through Screenshots
- Tracker is an story-based project planning tool that allows teams to collaborate in real-time.Links for today
- Eight Robust Tools To Simplify Developer’s Worklife
- Pencil an animation/drawing software
- Mockingbird Wireframes on the fly.
- The Importance Of Wireframes In Web Design And 9 Tools To Create Wireframes
- The Guided Wireframe Narrative for Rich Internet Applications
- 20 Steps to Better Wireframing
- 21 Prototyping, Mockup, and Wireframing Tools for iPhone App Development
- Online wireframing tool with a core strength in content formatting and page structure.
- A Collection of Useful Web Design Wireframing Resources
- 35 Excellent Wireframing Resources
- Practical Prototyping Tips
- Away 3d Realtime 3d Engine for flash
- GeneralRelativity Flash Animation Library
- Why Flash Might Not Be Good For Your Website
- AS3 tween Engine
- Swiz is a framework for Adobe Flex that aims to bring complete simplicity to RIA development.
- Ajax Push Engine – Real time data streaming
- 7 Powerful image carousels for web designers
- Produce Interactive Charts of Time Series with dygraphs
- 10 Ways for Designers to Boost Productivity
- 27 Must-Have Starter Kits For Web Designers
- How to Effectively Organize your Photoshop Layers
- Reinventing the Color Picker
Web Design is Dead! Introducing a much improved web design process.
If Content is Really King, Then What is Design?
5 Articles To Understanding Your Websites Bounce Rate
5 Advanced CSS Techniques To Increase Your Skill Set
More than 10 “Must Have” WordPress Plugins